NMCN CEN Conference 2011: Emergency Care for Children with Exceptional Healthcare Needs
The NMCN for Children with Exceptional Healthcare Needs (CEN) annual conference was held on 8 September 2011 involving 114 parents, carers and professionals. The summary report of the meeting and the presentations are available for download.
Also see our Conference Report.
- Opening Presentation, Dr Patricia Jackson, NMCN CEN Lead Clinician
- The Role of NHS 24, Out of Hours Services and eKIS in the emergency care for Children with Exceptional Healthcare Needs, Dr Pat Carragher, Medical Director CHAS
- Planning for the emergency situation and the use of ePCS and CYPADM, Karen Sinclair, Palliative Care Nurse Consultant, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Emergency Care for children with complex and exceptional healthcare needs in remote and rural locations, Kirstie Anderson, Community Children's Nurse, NHS Shetland
- Service Users Working Group: Priorities identified by the parents of children with complex and exceptional healthcare needs. Sophie Pilgrim, Chair of Service Users Group and Director, Kindred and Nadine McArthur, parent
- Education and Training Working Group: Identifying and developing education and training needs for healthcare staff working with children with exceptional healthcare needs.Dawn Moss, Chair of Education and Training Group and Nurse Consultant, NHS Borders
- NMCN CEN DVD and workshop: How Do You Want Me to Talk to You? Recognising the challenges in communicating with children with exceptional healthcare needs. Claire Edwards, Training Consultant and Parent
- Pathway of Care Working Group: Implementing the Pathway of Care and audit of hospital discharge planning and discharge delays. Dr Patricia Jackson, NMCN CEN Lead Clinician
- Data and Audit Working Group: Data Collection and research in relation to children with exceptional healthcare needs. Dr Ciara McColgan, Chair of Data and Audit Working Group, Paediatrician NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Using Data Collection and audit to identify reasons for hospital admissions for children with exceptional healthcare needs.Dr Rachael Wood, ISD, Consultant in Public Health Medicine
- Future Plans, Dawn Moss, New NMCN CEN Lead Clinician
Please see our Future Events and Past Events information.